We’ve got a special treat for you today! Here’s a cute and (relatively) quick project you can do to add a little sparkle to your wedding, shower, or engagement party. We’re indebted to the super-talented and fabulous Joy Paytes of Clover and Bloom for helping us out with this nifty little tutorial!
- Chipboard or cardstock letters
- Gold mylar sheets
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Scissors/X acto knife
- String, twine, or ribbon
1. Gather your materials.
- You can use store-bought letters or cut your own from chipboard or cardstock sheets.
- Mylar sheets can be found in the party section of your local craft store.
2. Cut the mylar into 1-2 inch strips, depending on the size of your letters, and cut small sections into each of the strips to create the fringe.
3. Starting at the bottom of your letters, glue the fringed strips into place one row at a time, slightly overlapping each layer as you go.
4. Continue layering each row until you have covered the entire letter.
5. Once the whole letter is covered, trim the extra fringe around the edges using either scissors or an x acto knife.
6. To create holes for stringing the banner, cut a small X shape in top corners of each letter using an x acto knife. Pierce the area with a pencil or other pointed object to create the hole.
7. Thread your letters onto the string and hang where desired!
Where can you use this? What about Mr. and Mrs. chair signs? As a dessert table banner? The backdrop of your photo booth? Make a ‘thank you’ version and have your photographer take pic of you two holding the sign to use for your thank you cards! Pop it in the entryway! Spice up your guest book table! Lots of options – have fun crafting!
Clover and Bloom is a boutique event decor company specializing in handcrafted paper party goods. They are based in Dallas, and you can shop for their products online at www.cloverandbloom.com. All images courtesy of Joy Paytes, Clover and Bloom.