I had the pleasure of helping a fellow wedding planner this past weekend with one of her brides. It was an amazing wedding she had been working on for a year and the family was just darling. Mom was as sweet as could be and wanted everything to be perfect for her gorgeous daughter. I was able to see the engagement and bridal portrait photos at the wedding and let me just say WOW! The photographer did an amazing job and this beautiful girl will probably end up in a magazine!
I was supposed to just attend the rehearsal and then help with the wedding setup, during the wedding and reception, and help with strike. However, there was so much last minute stuff to be done, I was called in on Friday afternoon to help. This is why a wedding planner can be crucial. While the bride greeted guests, hung out with family and friends, attended her rehearsal dinner, etc, we were hard at work finishing up all the last minute stuff. Here’s a little peek at what all we accomplished:
- Sewed on detached or loose buttons to tuxedo shirts for the guys
- Returned tuxedos to the shop for adjustments to fitting
- Completed an introduction list for the band to read off
- Ordered programs, table cards, escort cards, signage and a few other misc items from a local printer who we delivered paper to and they delivered the finished products to our hotel afterwards (Yes, this was done on Friday)
- Corrected the table cards as some of them came back wrong (this took us over 4 hours, it was a little insane)
- Assembled programs, accepted deliveries from vendors such as photographs to be displayed and a viper convertible
- Got gas for the convertible and performed a test run (we needed to make sure there was turning clearance around the ballroom dance floor, what fun!)
- Placed photos in frames, along with table cards
- Corrected tables that were set out and a few minor setup details
- etc, etc, etc
All in all, I worked a solid 30 hours between Friday & Saturday. I still say it was a pleasure because I love my job, but I would not wish that work on any bride or her mother. So, if you are a bit of a last minute personality, please take this list as an idea of what you might be facing on your wedding day if you do not have someone to help. That’s what we’re here for and I promise it’s worth every penny to be able to sleep at night and enjoy your family and friends during the day.