Choosing the venue(s) for your wedding ceremony and wedding reception is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make during the wedding planning process. For one reason, the venue along with your food and beverage costs usually takes up 50-60% of your budget. (If these costs are taking up more of your budget, you should probably re-evaluate your spending!) For another reason, it sets the tone of your events. The decor, formality and accessibility of your venue will greatly affect how you plan the rest of your elements, from linens to lighting. To help out with your search, we’ve decided to start featuring our favorite venues on the blog and give you the reasons why you should love them too! We’re kicking it off with TPC Craig Ranch, since they were the spot for our Peaches on Par table scape photo shoot.photo by Littrell Photography
TPC Craig Ranch is located at the southwest tip of McKinney, near the corner of Highway 121 and Custer Road. (TPC stands for Tournament Players Club.) It’s a hidden treasure of McKinney, with most McKinney residents not even knowing that this exclusive club offers it’s amenities to non-members. The club is known to those who have attended events there as having the white-glove service without the white glove. With a five-star chef, the food is amazing and of course, the golf club is a beautiful back drop for photos.photo by Don Mamone Photography
The club has two ballrooms, separated by robust wooden sliding doors. The ballrooms’ walls of windows show off how they are surrounded by a wrap-around, covered, stone terrace that features gas lanterns and ceiling fans. With a breathtaking view of their lush fairways and precision greens, it is an amazing outdoor space. The Portabello Ballroom features a beautiful stone hearth fireplace and a built-in marble counter top bar, backed by wine shelves. You could easily describe the space as romantic and intimate! Some things to know about TPC:
- The ballrooms can accommodate up to 200 seated guests, including a dance floor. For a cocktail reception, they can accommodate up to 250 guests.
- They regularly provide customized floor plans and menus.
- The club only books one wedding per day so they can pay sharp attention to details.
- The club is available from 12pm-12am for set up, decorating and event time.
- The ladies locker room is available for the bride and bridesmaids to prepare, including a sitting area and makeup area.
- The Board Room is available for the groom and groomsmen to prepare.
- Gentleman and ladies can enjoy golf privileges to the TPC PGA golf course, which is ranked #10 in the state of Texas!
- Engaged couples receive time for one photo session (engagements or bridals) on the golf course or inside the club.
- TPC offers their smaller ballroom, the Weiskopf room, free of charge to their clients for smaller events, such as bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, etc.
photo by Don Mamone Photography
So what sets TPC apart? Without a doubt, their customer service. Their Special Events and Catering Manager, Christina Degelia, is why we recommend them over and over to brides. Christina is dedicated to her clients, working meetings to their schedule, advising them on the best vendors, working with them on their color schemes, developing the perfect floor plan and even helping to create a custom menu! She has fifteen years in this industry and has a high standard that not only does she hold her team at TPC to, but the vendors she recommends as well. She was recently named McKinney’s Hospitality Hero 2011 in a contest held by the McKinney Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. Diann Bayes, MCVB Director, said “Christina was the clear winner with about three dozen emails commending her poise, class, professionalism and hospitable nature.” We have worked with Christina many times and couldn’t agree more. For more information on Christina, visit her bio here. (photo by Katie Cassidy Photography)
If you are looking for a private space, with excellent food and elegant but rustic decor, please consider taking a tour of TPC Craig Ranch. We know you won’t regret it! For more information on TPC Craig Ranch, visit their website, www.tpccraigranch.com or give Christina a call at 972-359-2110.