Photo courtesy of Phase 3 Photography
So you’re engaged! Pop the champagne! And grab a pen and paper, because we’re going to help you dive into wedding planning with a few tips and tricks in our Where to Start series. This is the first of several posts that will get you started on the right track!
We know, we know. Nobody wants to talk about the money right off the bat! The truth is, though, that until you have a good handle on what your big budget number is, it’s difficult to make smart decisions. No idea on where to start? Here are a few of our best posts on budgeting!
- Budget Basics – Learn a little about basic categories and how to prioritize
- The Silent Budget, Revisited – How do you talk about your budget without everything ending in tears? Read on!
- Just Average? – A look at what those “average budget” numbers that you find online really mean
Hand in hand with your budget goes your guest list. You can’t plan anything effectively until you know how many people you’re inviting! Be sure to have everyone involved in the guest list process from the beginning, so that you don’t end up with a slew of add-ons right at the end. Check out a few of our blogs on building your guest list!
- Where to Start on Your Guest List – How to move from that blank spreadsheet to an actual list
- Cutting Your Guest List – Already know you have too many people? See here for how to winnow down your list!
Once you’ve got a budget and a fairly firm guest list, you’re ready to rock! Coming up soon – hiring a planner, finding a venue, and more!